What does a freshman need for college?
12 dorm essentials to put on your list
- Twin XL sheets. …
- IKEA Frakta Bag. …
- Towels. …
- Surge protector with USB ports. …
- Bed Pillow. …
- Mattress topper. …
- Laundry hamper or basket. …
- Storage solutions.
What should every college freshman know?
Uncensored College Advice Every Freshman Should Know
- Take Good Care of Yourself.
- Forget Everything You Ever Learned About Making Friends.
- Always Take Your Dorm Key With You When You Go Down the Hall to Take a Shower.
- Listen to What Your Mom Told You.
- Have Your Mom Write you a Laundry “Cheat Sheet”
What every girl needs for College?
- Mini fridge.
- Coffee maker.
- Printer, printer paper, and ink.
- String lights.
- Prints and/or posters.
- Area rug.
What do college students struggle with?
- Social anxiety, general anxiety, test anxiety, or panic attacks.
- Family expectations or problems.
- Depression, lack of energy or motivation, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness.
- Relationship difficulties (emotional and physical aspects of intimate relationships)
What do college students buy the most?
In a different survey of over 500 college students, students reported spending their money in the following non-essential categories:
- Restaurants – 99%
- Beauty – 76%
- Fashion – 70%
- Electronics – 60%
- Live music – 59%
- Media – 57%
- Gyms and fitness – 38%
How many hours should a college freshman work?
On average students work between 20–40 hours a week. If a student works 20 hours a week and gets paid biweekly they earn $720 before taxes.
What should you not do freshman year of college?
The 12 Most Common Freshman Mistakes
- Skipping Class. While skipping class to sleep, study, or socialize may tempt students, attendance often comprises a key part of course grades. …
- Bad Study Habits. …
- Poor Time Management Skills. …
- A Lack of Connection with Faculty.
How many hours should a college freshman take?
A student carrying 12 or more credit hours in a fall or spring semester is considered a full-time student. Other definitions: Freshman: a student who has completed fewer than 30 credit hours. Sophomore: a student who has completed 30 or more credit hours.
What you actually need for college?
Here are five things you really need as you start college.
- Laptop, notebook or tablet computer. Whether you’re taking notes in class, doing research or writing papers, a portable computer is helpful. …
- Inexpensive phone plan. …
- Book bag. …
- Dorm room essentials. …